The user of the Prominent Peaks Database or Bloomer’s Challenge and Thousanders downloadable workbooks acknowledges that:
- No liability is accepted by the authors or the UKMA for errors and omissions.
- No guarantee is given that the downloadable workbooks and maps are consistent with other data sources such as Ordnance Survey maps or Google Earth.
- The downloadable workbooks and maps may be updated from time to time.
- The existence of a Prominent Peak is in no way evidence of a current right of way or permissive access and user of the downloads is responsible for checking access rights.
- There are real inherent risks involved in hill walking and that a user setting out onto any Prominent Peak is responsible for understanding the risks, being properly prepared for potential adverse conditions and being able to respond to an emergency.
- No technical support is offered to users who wish to customise downloads to create their own lists.
The workbooks and mapfiles with lists of peaks on this website may be downloaded and used for non-commercial purposes.
The workbooks may be reposted on other websites providing:
- the contents are unmodified
- the source of the lists is attributed.
The UK Prominent Peaks database may be used to create publicly available derivative lists subject to:
- being based on the same prominence category principles i.e. 1-2-5 Principle.
- the use of the UKPP database as a starting point is attributed.